Monday, November 5, 2012

Time Warp Tuesday - 4th Edition


Yay! I’m starting to feel a bit more like myself as I’m finally kicking all the sickies!

August of 1998 –I was a freshman in high school.

My teacher, Myself, Air
I started taking Japanese and met one of my very best friends as well as one of the greatest teachers that I have ever had.

My best friend went by the name of Air.’ She was a foreign exchange student from Thailand and her host family was only a few miles from my house so we were able to hag out almost everyday.

We studied Japanese together everyday and went on many adventures’ together.

Unfortunately the 2004 Tsunami that rocked Thailand took my friend’s life amongst the 5,395 that were killed. I miss her and am so sad that I never made the effort to save so that I could visit her.

However looking back at this picture reminds me of the few really amazing friends that I had in High School and Air was the first.

4 comments:

  1. sorry to hear your friend lost her life...but I'm glad you both had many adventures! Lovely picture :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From smiling at your happy picture and happy times to sudden sadness at the tragic death of your friend...

    ReplyDelete