I am not afraid
I was born to do this
Powerful. Moving. Encouraging.
I think that so very often I am afraid and it may come across in a different manner but ultimately it is fear. I'm afraid of not succeeding. I want to be better than my parents. Not in the way that I act but in the way that I am financially. I want to be secure. I want to finish college and be able to give my future children the ability to go to college without the burden of debt. Does that make m better than them in terms or values or morality. Most definitely not - but I don't want to be in my 40's and still struggling because the economy sucks and I don't want my children to have to worry about paying for their schooling as I have. Don't get me wrong - I love my parents they gave us everything that they could and provided us with more than what most are given and I am grateful and thankful for that.
One of my greatest fears is that I won't do enough with my life. That I won't make an impact. That I won't be able to do better for the next generation. However I have to not be afraid. Whatever I do I am meant to do. I'm beginning to realize that I don't need to make an impact on a million lives to be successful. I just need to do my best in life and that whatever path I take is the one that I was meant to. It does not mean that I do not need to strive to do better or that I can go about life without a purpose - however - I do believe that it means that I don't need to have fear that I am inadequate. I must remember that I was born to do this - whatever it may be.
Seems to me you have a lot of ambition, and that your sh!t is together!
ReplyDeleteOf course, I feel like a nervous mess all the time ;)
ReplyDeleteThat IS a great quote!
ReplyDeleteThanks for following my foolish blog!