"Our family lost an incredible woman last night. She was kind and loving and she will be missed terribly. I love you Cindy and am so very happy to have known you - You have been an incredible voice of wisdom over the years and were more of an Aunt than a Cousin. Thank you for touching my life."
"Bless our memories that lie within our heart. Saying goodbye is harder than hard and the thought of it is still unbelievable at times. So many people were there for you tonight. We celebrate your kindness, your love, your life."
"Saying goodbye to an incredible woman today. She was kind and loving and she will be missed terribly. She would find anyway that she could to help someone in need and always had an nonjudgmental ear to listen. I love you Cindy and am so very happy to have known you. You will be missed. Today we are going to celebrate your kindness, your love, your life and grieve your loss because this world will never be the same without you in it."
To the women who would give more than she had to give to make someone's life a little easier. The women who helped to calm me as I'm misunderstood by my family time and time again. The women who was her mother's best friend as her father and sister passed away - both from cancer - within 4 days of one another. The women who always gave more than she ever expected to receive.
For now I grieve because I don't know what else to do.
How can you not grieve--she was such a blessing in your life.
ReplyDeleteYour post makes me think...what will people say about me when I'm gone? I'd better shape up so my eulogy as beautiful as your tribute.
That’s really beautiful. Putting her story into your blog will make her memory live on forever. I know that wasn’t your intention, and you were just trying capture how she made you feel, but it’s true. I had a high school teacher die while I was still going to school there. She had a huge impact on my life and we could have written something for her family in her memory. I never did. I figure that since she was dead she would never read it anyway, and that I could only hoped she knew what she meant to me. I regret it now, because people had the right to know how amazing she was. Now I have only been able to use her story in journals and essays. It is really nice of you to write this for her, and unlike me you don’t have to live with any regrets. I know that writing helps me heal, and I hope it had the same effect on you while you wrote the post. She sounds like an amazing person and I’m sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteRight there with you, and I'm stealing the quote from the beginning.
ReplyDelete